We had a few "major" events for our family once we got back. One milestone we reached was for Michael. After 14 months - he is braces free!! And very grateful to add caramel back into his diet (is that a food group?)!
And Katie, entered the fray by having her first couple of braces put on... no caramel for her...
And we added Ziporah Fridays to our schedule. At least until the end of the year, I will be watching my niece Ziporah from 6:30 AM until 5:30 PM on Fridays. Who could say no to this??
And yet, if I'm going to be honest, it has thrown a bit of a spin on our schedule. Teaching school is not possible when she is here, which means we have been doubling up on my reading and things for the week. 11 hours is a long day, and she is 14 months old - I haven't had a 14 month old in, well, 8 years? So we've been adjusting. I also took my other 2 nieces this past Tuesday, so I am typing while I monitor the testing of my kids at the table - we have a long day of school ahead today. I really, REALLY enjoy having her here, so we will continue to adjust. All good stuff. Mike has also been taking on overtime and we have been trying to "get our act together" on a lot of fronts. It's become a balance game of sorts. And we haven't had any "real" time to do it. So - prayers needed on that front. He remains faithful...

No comments:
Post a Comment