When we got to the ER I sent Mike ahead with the boys to his sister's (we were having lunch with them for his father's birthday), since I assumed they would check her out, maybe at worst give her in IV with fluids, and we would be on our way. No need to make a fuss, right? By the time they got her hooked up to the monitors, all the alarms started going off. Next thing I knew she was being wheeled down to the other side of the ER, they were putting in an IV as fast as they could, and the doctor kept making me talk to him and look at him. He informed me that in a minute she was going to feel weird, started a fast 3-2-1 countdown, Katie gasped, and all the alarms stopped. Apparently her heart rate was around 223 - not good. After the medication (which stops and "resets" your heart) it dropped to 105 and stayed there. In the meantime, Mike was making his way back and the doctors were in touch with CHOP and talking about transporting her by ambulance to be monitored by their Pediatric Cardiology department.
Praise God we were able to be released to go home. Her heart rate has stayed "normal", although she is not to exert herself AT ALL until her appointment at CHOP on Wednesday morning at 10. The diagnosis is SVT, and we are traveling to CHOP to find out the cause. We have this in our family (both Mike's mother and Uncle have it - they are siblings), and because Mike insisted I tell everyone I came in contact with in the ER, they figured it out pretty quick. And Kate was simply amazing - it was so clear the Lord was with her.
Thanks for all your prayers! It's going to be a long day tomorrow in Philly, but we know His hand is on us!
Oh dear!! Praying for your sweet girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks Abbi!! WIll update soon!
DeleteAmen. It will be a long day, tomorrow... and you'll be thought of every moment of it...as best we can.
ReplyDeleteI just want you to know (Katie, especially) that your little caregroup friends prayed for you this evening at group. Jessinia, David and Caleb...each on their own prompting to pray. That Jesus would make you better. It was so touching.
You are loved. Very. Very. Much.
Thank you so much Bev!!! I will have to have katie read this when we get a chance!! It was a long day, but went very well all things considered!God is SO good!
DeleteFound your blog from Bev S. - praying for your Katie as I have 3 of my own 11 year olds. God is good and He is forever in control, holding your baby in the palm of His mighty, loving hand.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Mitzi
Thanks Mitzi!!! I have heard stories about you and your three - all good of course : ) !! Thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers!!
Delete