Woke up this morning with this verse flooding my thoughts.....
"But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:21-23)
Faithfulness has "been my theme" recently (although Redeeming Love would also be a good theme right now and is the bedrock of that faithfulness, isn't it?)......
No particular "reason" for this verse to be in my mind today. I am not currently wrestling with hopelessness in a way that I would need to find a reason to have hope. But isn't that the point? I don't need to be hopeless to need fresh hope. I do not need to feel hopeless to need the reminder that I am loved with an everlasting and steadfast love. I ALWAYS need the reminder of the character of my LORD. He is steadfast - no matter what this day / week / month / year may bring (or how fickle I may be.....). He is merciful no matter what my circumstances and my feelings may tell me. I can not outlive the mercy of the Lord. He is faithful - when I am not. And that - that gives me tremendous hope. That faithfulness and mercy - gives me strength for today - and bright hope for tomorrow - no matter what the season of life. No matter where you are today - no matter what may be ahead in this day that the Lord has made - may you be reminded that He is faithful. May this be your hope - that His love never ceases for you - that His mercy never ends for you. Not only that they are NEW every morning !! Including this morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment