Friday, June 17, 2011

16 Years (and counting... :) )

Yup - that's us.  And yup - my hair is exactly the same.....  Here we are at our reception 16 years ago today.   We had a Renaissance wedding as you can see by some of the pictures.  Our bridal party liked it (especially the guys because they got to wear jeans and boots)....  The girls got to wear slippers, so I guess it was all good!!





 
None if us really look the same - in fact some of you know some of these people, and you would never guess it was them, but I digress......

Two and 1/2 years later, the Lord added this...  :)


Two years after that He added one of these....  

And a couple of these.....  :)  
  

Now we have this.....


All in 16 years.....  :)  


As many of you have experienced, the wedding is truly just the beginning.  I honestly can not imagine living without this man!!  When we got married he was my best friend - but I had no idea just how little of him I knew.  As we have lived out our lives together thus far, I have learned so much from him, from his responses to things, from shared experiences - things that we had to do together to learn.  And I know, without a doubt, that I still don't know all there is to know about him.  I look forward to the years we have together in the future - seeing what the Lord will do, knowing what He has done, the things He has kept us through, and the gift of our marriage.  I didn't have a clue.....  


  

2 comments:

  1. Awhh. This gave me goosebumps. You guys are so cute. Wow...16 years and counting.

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! Loved all of the pics!!

    ReplyDelete