Monday, December 6, 2010

Crossway Book Review

God's Mighty Acts in CreationHi all!!  Sorry for the blog silence.  Bit busy around here as of late!  I did want to get on here and do a book review though.  We are part of Crossway's review program (which I love), and they send us books to read over and ask that we give our opinion.  This last one was "God's Mighty Acts in Creation" by Starr Meade.

We have been using this book for family devotions, and have really enjoyed it.  It has made us all (even the adults!!) think about how special God's creation really is - and what it says about God.  The verse "The heavens declare the glory of God, the sky above proclaims His handiwork"  has always brought visions of the infinite attributes of God, and how vast He is.  I always focused on the heavens - but there is more to creation than just the heavens - God is involved in the inter-workings of all creation - and all those inter-workings say something about Him.  This book has brought detail to my thinking about both the creation, and the Creator Himself.

As a family, we have found the selections easy to read and understand for all our kids (7-12).  The questions cover both basic (great for the twins) through the more complex thoughts (great for Katie and Michael  - and me.....).  They are full, but remain short enough for shorter attention spans.  All in all, we have really enjoyed it!!

Photo courtesy of Amazon.com 

1 comment:

  1. Great review, sounds like something we should check out!

    I was going to get on here and check in to see if you all are OK. We missed you on Friday at swimming! There were seriously like 6 or 7 kids, total, in the class...crazy! I guess December is a busy month. :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete