On the way into the park...
These are some trained ducks - they can spot a tourist anywhere. Wondered why they were so friendly - then Mike spotted the food dispenser. So, being tourists and all, we caved...
Kate the Duck whisperer...
A picture of ALL SIX of us!!! Note the REALLY short lady on the right... Not long now before I will need stilts. And btw - I am on raised flip flops and trying to stand as straight as possible. Note Kate's bent knees? I am telling you - everyone got Mike's tall genes.
Walking down the park's stream...
To the fountain head...
Where the springs really leave the cave...
The "friend" Stephen found... We put him back - he was very patient!
The original "Lititz Lion" and the granite sculpture added after the original was defaced.
( http://www.lititzspringspark.org/lsphistory.html )
AMEN!! Love this plaque!
They have a railroad car that has been turned into a museum as well. It was always closed when we went before. We caught it open!
And we NEVER leave Lititz without a visit to Wilbur chocolate museum!!!!!!
It's a fascinating place! And gives us something to munch on the way home...
Great family photo and in my opinion... it is the slant in which the photo was taken. yes? No?
ReplyDeleteAnd, oh!! The memories of Wilbur. As soon as I saw these photos I remembered. I know I've been there before (back in school, for a field trip), told you that and have since been enjoying their chocolate(s). But the "stuff", the history, the nostalgia.. it sent me right back. ;)
I love that German Quote, too. Neat.
My friend who came the other day, to my house - talked a lot about Lititz... they're from "not too far from there". ;)
The photo IS on a slight slant... I don't think it make that big of a difference in the perspective though. The first thing I said to Mike when I saw it was "Whoa! I'm SHORT!!" Yeah. Don't see us all the mirror together like that, so it was new to me!
DeleteIf you get a chance to drive through - Lititz is truly beautiful. We stick to that one area as we are usually a little pressed for time, but it is right next door to Wilbur. There are SO many other places to visit and walk around that we haven't even discovered yet. Good thing since we have to go back next week and the week after (and that's TOO much chocolate in one month - gotta' find another venue!).
That is such a great picture of the six of you!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jane! I insisted on the touristy thing. Our last family photo is over 2 years old. Found the perfect wall to rest my camera and made everyone look silly. It was worth it!
Delete