Friday, November 30, 2012

Done school for the year!!

OK - I'll clarify I guess.  Done for the calendar year.  Ever since we started the surgery for Mike circuit, we decided to cancel all breaks.  That meant that Thanksgiving week was a normal week for us - BUT - we are taking December off.  ALL OF IT.  Sooooo - we are done for the calendar year.  Can you possibly hear through the fonts how excited the teacher is??????? SOOOOOO Excited!!!!  Kids over the top happy right now too. We are DONE! So what happens now? I start deep cleaning, of course. And we are starting Christmas decorating (early for us - we try to wait until after Michael Ben has his birthday so things don't all run together, but this year no one seems to mind).  And can I add a little confession here?  The other exciting thing is that we get Mike home for most of the month as well.

The last two days, they cancelled his OT and had him coach people instead. On a strange schedule. It was 11:30 AM until 8 PM. He did go in early to catch up on paper work, but still, the later morning gave us an idea of what having him home means to us. And let me tell you - it means A LOT.  Knowing of course that he will not be "himself" - especially at first.  Still we can't help it.  Mike here adds a level of joy that is missing. And we have missed him.

I have 4 more days to get us ready - and one with him in one piece to get us "set up" before he becomes  one of the kids for a bit. Then again - Michael Ben is getting to the point where he can do a lot of things that used to be squarely in Mike's realm. That will also help. We may have time to rest this season after all - and we sometimes need those rests forced on us - we can be foolish with our time at times.  So - is that bad that I am looking forward to him being here and the forced reduction of schedule?  I'm not convinced it is!!

I'll finish with a picture from "Christmas past"... Hoping to get one this year before the fun starts, but great memories!!



No comments:

Post a Comment