Tuesday, March 27, 2012

And more in my inbox......

These two posts have come through my dashboard since I posted - wanted to add them to the incredible amount of thoughts swirling through my head!!

“Because the gospel is not just salvation from sin but salvation from self-righteousness, we don’t need to worry about filling every spare second with unrestful duties, even ones we think are in service to God. God desires mercy, not sacrifice (Matt. 9:13). Christ made the sacrifice sufficient.”
— Jared C. Wilson
Gospel Wakefulness
(Wheaton, Ill.: Crossway Books, 2011), 101

from Of First Importance


And another intriguing set of thoughts and wonderful reflections from Sunday's sermon like this one :


"We are the afraid, the shamed, the lonely, the stubborn, the proud and the wanderers that’s who.  We have hardened hearts as Israel of old and steel ourselves against hope.  And I love Him and have pledged my life to Him, yet this is still often how I approach the Truth given that I might be free."


Can be found over at Abby's Blog, Fan the Flame  - another EXCELLENT read!!





No comments:

Post a Comment